I noticed that all answers to this question have been deleted.
IMO at least one of those answers was better than nothing (i.e. arguably imperfect but shouldn't/needn't have been deleted).
Assuming they were deleted by one moderator:
- Is there consensus or discussion between moderators before deletion (i.e. does more than one moderator believe that these answers should have been deleted)?
- Do moderators invariably agree with other's decisions, and give each other carte blanche to delete whatever they don't agree with?
- Does something (e.g. a private consensus between moderators) prevent a single moderator deleting things, which neither the community nor other moderators think should have been deleted?
May I suggest to the moderator in question that you:
- Consider simply down-voting any answer you don't like, instead of deleting it
- Seek the opinion of a second moderator (and/or of the community) before you delete an answer, unless that opinion has already been clearly expressed for example by the answer's having several downvotes.