I'm an Australian by birth but currently live in London. I'm a traveller at heart and I love seeing how different the rest of the world is. I'm always up for something new and interesting.
I've been playing with computers pretty much my whole life, working with them since 2000 in tech support and programming and as a full-time Sysadmin since 2006. I've been fascinated by security since about 2003 and I tend to become the default "security guy" at most places I have worked.
I enjoy all forms of sport and outdoors activities but particularly cycling, hockey, sailboarding, snowboarding, camping and Frisbee. I'm also passionate about the environment, growing my own food, cooking it and eating it.
London, United Kingdom
Member for 6 years, 9 months
4 profile views
Last seen Jan 31 '18 at 15:24
- Server Fault 22.6k 22.6k 55 gold badges5050 silver badges8282 bronze badges
- Information Security 5k 5k 11 gold badge2020 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Skeptics 1.5k 1.5k 11 gold badge1414 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 511 511 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 480 480 33 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 122 Force dig to resolve without using cache
- 56 Do London underground drivers earn more and work less than NHS doctors?
- 48 MySQL warning "IP address could not be resolved"
- 46 Progression through WoW that avoids spiders
- 42 At what point does something count as 'security through obscurity'?
- 34 what does "***" mean when traceroute
- 31 crontab running as a specific user
- View more network posts →