I'm becoming more and more skeptical daily. Everyday is a challenge on what I thought was true.
The duty of the man who investigates the writings of scientists, if learning the truth is his goal, is to make himself an enemy of all that he reads.
If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.
- René Descartes
When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
- Lord Kelvin
It is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of the siren till she transforms us into beasts.
- Patrick Henry "Give me liberty or give me death!"
Member for 6 years, 6 months
84 profile views
Last seen yesterday
- Christianity 10.9k 10.9k 1313 gold badges5757 silver badges9999 bronze badges
- Skeptics 5k 5k 88 gold badges4141 silver badges7878 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 3.4k 3.4k 55 gold badges1919 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 1.8k 1.8k 77 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.3k 1.3k 1111 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 83 Is the curtain behind Obama in this picture a "muslim prayer curtain"?
- 83 Do predators tend to have vertical slit pupils versus horizontal for prey animals?
- 75 Does the Wall Street Journal change headlines based on location?
- 73 Why does the Caps Lock not toggle upper and lower case for selected text?
- 58 Does anybody spend 6 hours each day just to get water?
- 58 What are the details on the "candidate score" which shows during an election?
- 52 When and how did the Greek mythos transfer to the Romans?
- View more network posts →