I'm becoming more and more skeptical daily. Everyday is a challenge on what I thought was true.
The duty of the man who investigates the writings of scientists, if learning the truth is his goal, is to make himself an enemy of all that he reads.
If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.
- René Descartes
When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
- Lord Kelvin
It is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of the siren till she transforms us into beasts.
- Patrick Henry "Give me liberty or give me death!"
Member for 6 years, 2 months
78 profile views
Last seen 3 hours ago
Top Network Posts
- 83 Is the curtain behind Obama in this picture a "muslim prayer curtain"?
- 75 Does the Wall Street Journal change headlines based on location?
- 73 Why does the Caps Lock not toggle upper and lower case for selected text?
- 58 Does anybody spend 6 hours each day just to get water?
- 52 When and how did the Greek mythos transfer to the Romans?
- 51 Why has bitcoin gained so much in the past year?
- 51 Is there any English/American equivalent for the Hungarian phrase "beating the nettle with someone else's penis"?
- View more network posts →