A freelance translator, born and living in Russia.
StackExchange Markdown help
"Nothing more true than not to trust your senses; And yet what are your other evidences?"
To read up:
1. True Light Verb vs. Vague Action Verb
2. aspect - In English the perfect construction does not express perfective aspect; that is expressed by the simple past form. The name perfect for the HAVE+past participle construction is a misleading historical accident. 3. PEU 90 - be with auxiliary do (CGEL: "lexical be"; Quirk et al - ? )
5. NICE auxiliaries criteria: negation, inversion, emphasis and code.
6. Quirk et al. p.839 - optative mood
8. I doubt this (all) the more - the as modifier or adverb
Member for 6 years, 2 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jan 29 '17 at 14:25
- English Language Learners 36.1k 36.1k 1212 gold badges101101 silver badges193193 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 3k 3k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Chemistry 2.6k 2.6k 55 gold badges2929 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Literature 2.1k 2.1k 44 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Politics 1.3k 1.3k 11 gold badge88 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 189 What can an independent election observer in Russia do if they notice irregularities?
- 60 "A boiled egg in the morning is really hard to beat" - explain the pun please
- 42 "I hate red color" or "I hate red": why exactly is the first option ungrammatical
- 42 What are "industrial chops"?
- 37 Does the notion of check word exist in English?
- 34 "The victory, within four days, was just reward" - why not "was just a reward"?
- 32 What does "Honeykins" mean?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Jan 29 '17