- Software: Senior software developer; >10 years pro experience; learned to read with C64 user manual; languages I've been paid for writing stuff in: VB, Xojo, Java, Python, Bash, HTML/JS, C, C++, ObjC, IDL, Swift, SQL, PHP; supermajority of recent experience has been iOS/Swift.
- Maths: Double maths A-level (UK qualification between school and university).
- Sciences: Only one published paper with my name on it, and that was the industrial placement year of my degree. Enthusiastic amateur, mainly physics rather than chemistry or biology, but don't assume I know anything beyond A-level physics even though I watch degree-level relativity lectures for fun.
- Natural languages: 🇬🇧: Native; 🇩🇪: Ein Schwachkopf Kind > Mich > Ein Tourist; 🇫🇷: GCSE (high-school); 🇬🇷/Esperanto: Similar skill level as my French, but not formally tested.
- Everything else: N00b (i.e. either GCSE or no formal qualifications).
- Website: http://kitsunesoftware.com/
- Blog: https://kitsunesoftware.wordpress.com/
- YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-DrwwBYARyNkDj1WFz2e5A
- GitHub: https://github.com/BenWheatley
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ben-wheatley-45680739/
- Duolingo: https://www.duolingo.com/BenWheatley
- Codecademy profile: https://www.codecademy.com/profiles/netWhiz55857
- HackerRank profile: https://www.hackerrank.com/BenjaminRichard1
- Shadertoy profile: https://www.shadertoy.com/user/BenWheatley
- Mobile developer in Berlin
- Writing a near-future SciFi novel
- Working through the entirety of Brilliant.org
- Augmented reality
- Machine learning
- Learning languages
- Exploring places
- Recreational mathematics
- The near-future implications of existing technology
- Worldbuilding 1.5k 1.5k 1010 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Physics 820 820 44 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Politics 555 555 55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- History 493 493 11 gold badge44 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 433 433 66 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 32 Why does the Great Wall of China follow such a bendy route?
- 30 What method can be used to estimate the likelihood of a civil war?
- 29 Could the Lunar X-Prize have been won by the Tesla Roadster that was the Falcon Heavy test payload?
- 28 Practicality of a thorium-powered, superheated-steam car?
- 19 Eating Titan's oceans
- 17 Why do we talk of the "weakness of gravity" rather than "the surprising charge to mass ratio of particles"?
- 13 What if the Trinity test had ignited the atmosphere? Could we survive?
- View more network posts →