I've been seriously coding since 1995 and had my hand in a lot of the Perl and CPAN infrastructure and wrote the Perl testing library, Test::More.
I focus on the "intangibles" of software engineering and architecture, and take a broad, polyglot approach to software. Rather than learning the latest hot framework, I focus on the techniques and patterns which are the foundation for good software.
If you like my work here, and you'd like to hire me for mentoring or consulting work, I can be found on https://codementor.io/schwern
- Stack Overflow 106.3k 106.3k 1818 gold badges127127 silver badges261261 bronze badges
- History 41.1k 41.1k 1010 gold badges109109 silver badges153153 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 27.9k 27.9k 44 gold badges7070 silver badges111111 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 11.9k 11.9k 44 gold badges4343 silver badges6161 bronze badges
- Physics 3.5k 3.5k 22 gold badges1111 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 470 What is the difference between public, protected, package-private and private in Java?
- 280 How do I install g++ for Fedora?
- 231 Did the UK homicide rate go up after handgun ownership was banned?
- 226 How do I find the next commit in git? (child/children of ref)
- 216 Why didn't Germany blockade the Strait of Gibraltar during WW2?
- 193 Git SVN error: a Git process crashed in the repository earlier
- 178 When did people decide that all caps means the writer is shouting?
- View more network posts →