Professional PHP developer with a tendency to defend that language where others just throw their hands up - although there certainly are things it would be good to throw away and start again! Similarly, I'm a big fan of PostgreSQL, but not of routinely bashing MySQL except in the specific cases where it deserves it.
I tend to downvote answers that give a literal code solution to the problem posed with no accompanying explanation, as they miss the opportunity to teach people how to solve the problem themselves next time.
If I'm arguing with you after 23:00 UTC, please tell me to go to bed!
I spend a lot of time explaining the PHP SimpleXML API, and defending against misconceptions and misunderstandings; here are a top 3:
var_dump()SimpleXML data, or you will be more confused than when you started. I have written some debug functions to use instead.
- There is nothing wrong with CDATA sections in SimpleXML. Just always cast to string.
- Namespaces (AKA "tags with colons in them") are really easy - just use the
Member for 4 years
3 profile views
Last seen May 9 at 12:08
Top network posts
- 1201 Save PL/pgSQL output from PostgreSQL to a CSV file
- 156 Did NOAA publish a fake map with temperature data it doesn't have?
- 132 Can PHP PDO Statements accept the table or column name as parameter?
- 110 Did 96% of Hillary Clinton's 2015 charitable donations go to the Clinton Family Foundation?
- 72 What does a website see if I am connected on my native IP and then enable my VPN?
- 72 Replace preg_replace() e modifier with preg_replace_callback
- 46 Can email spoofing be prevented?
- View more network posts →