I'm a chemist by training and a management consultant by profession. I've worked for everything from the oil industry to the NHS.
I have a particular aversion to obvious answers as they are too often both wrong and dangerous. As a result I seem to spend too much of my life arguing about government policy.
In my spare time I conduct evil experiments on my identical twins to differentiate nature and nurture.
Member for 8 years, 3 months
51 profile views
Last seen Sep 20 at 18:07
- Skeptics 33.1k 33.1k 1313 gold badges138138 silver badges317317 bronze badges
- Chemistry 21.1k 21.1k 33 gold badges6060 silver badges121121 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 13.2k 13.2k 1818 gold badges7373 silver badges148148 bronze badges
- Physics 1.3k 1.3k 77 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 939 939 99 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 139 Are violent video games a better explanation of school shootings than access to guns?
- 99 Are Americans more likely to be killed by vending machines than terrorist refugees?
- 88 Why do scientists think that all the laws of physics that apply in our galaxy apply in other galaxies?
- 85 Did toddlers with guns claim more American lives than terrorism in 2015?
- 82 Are female surgeons less likely to kill you?
- 80 Does fossil fuels use since 1990 account for half of all the fossil fuels used in history?
- 78 Why can a diamond be broken using a hammer if it's the hardest natural substance known?
- View more network posts →