I'm a chemist by training and a management consultant by profession. I've worked for everything from the oil industry to the NHS.
I have a particular aversion to obvious answers as they are too often both wrong and dangerous. As a result I seem to spend too much of my life arguing about government policy.
In my spare time I conduct evil experiments on my identical twins to differentiate nature and nurture.
- Skeptics 53k 53k 1515 gold badges160160 silver badges352352 bronze badges
- Chemistry 30.4k 30.4k 44 gold badges7777 silver badges148148 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 21.2k 21.2k 2424 gold badges9090 silver badges161161 bronze badges
- Physics 2.3k 2.3k 1010 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Politics 2k 2k 99 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 143 Are violent video games a better explanation of school shootings than access to guns?
- 99 Are Americans more likely to be killed by vending machines than terrorist refugees?
- 95 What is the purpose of democracy?
- 90 Why do scientists think that all the laws of physics that apply in our galaxy apply in other galaxies?
- 88 Did toddlers with guns claim more American lives than terrorism in 2015?
- 84 Are female surgeons less likely to kill you?
- 81 Why can a diamond be broken using a hammer if it's the hardest natural substance known?
- View more network posts →