I'm a chemist by training and a management consultant by profession. I've worked for everything from the oil industry to the NHS.
I have a particular aversion to obvious answers as they are too often both wrong and dangerous. As a result I seem to spend too much of my life arguing about government policy.
In my spare time I conduct evil experiments on my identical twins to differentiate nature and nurture.
Member for 9 years, 10 months
57 profile views
Last seen Feb 22 at 23:49
- Skeptics 52.4k 52.4k 1515 gold badges157157 silver badges346346 bronze badges
- Chemistry 29k 29k 44 gold badges7575 silver badges145145 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 20.6k 20.6k 2323 gold badges8585 silver badges158158 bronze badges
- Politics 1.9k 1.9k 88 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Physics 1.9k 1.9k 88 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 141 Are violent video games a better explanation of school shootings than access to guns?
- 99 Are Americans more likely to be killed by vending machines than terrorist refugees?
- 93 What is the purpose of democracy?
- 90 Why do scientists think that all the laws of physics that apply in our galaxy apply in other galaxies?
- 88 Did toddlers with guns claim more American lives than terrorism in 2015?
- 84 Are female surgeons less likely to kill you?
- 81 Why can a diamond be broken using a hammer if it's the hardest natural substance known?
- View more network posts →