I'm a chemist by training and a management consultant by profession. I've worked for everything from the oil industry to the NHS.
I have a particular aversion to obvious answers as they are too often both wrong and dangerous. As a result I seem to spend too much of my life arguing about government policy.
In my spare time I conduct evil experiments on my identical twins to differentiate nature and nurture.
Member for 8 years, 9 months
51 profile views
Last seen Dec 11 '19 at 14:17
- Skeptics 49.2k 49.2k 1414 gold badges141141 silver badges322322 bronze badges
- Chemistry 24k 24k 44 gold badges6464 silver badges130130 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 19.8k 19.8k 2020 gold badges7676 silver badges153153 bronze badges
- Politics 1.6k 1.6k 66 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Physics 1.3k 1.3k 77 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 141 Are violent video games a better explanation of school shootings than access to guns?
- 99 Are Americans more likely to be killed by vending machines than terrorist refugees?
- 90 What is the purpose of democracy?
- 90 Why do scientists think that all the laws of physics that apply in our galaxy apply in other galaxies?
- 86 Did toddlers with guns claim more American lives than terrorism in 2015?
- 83 Are female surgeons less likely to kill you?
- 80 Does fossil fuels use since 1990 account for half of all the fossil fuels used in history?
- View more network posts →