The Personal Pronouns that I use for myself are: I / me / my / mine / myself
I have no problem with ye using whichever third-person pronouns address me that you want, so long as it is comprehensible. A person using a niche and specialised word has only hitself to blame when hoi polloi don't understand it.
Language is first, and foremost, about communication, and everything else should take a backseat to that. If a specific form of "Modernising", "Evolving" or "Politically Correctness" get in the way of that, then that form needs to be taken back to basics - not shoved through willy-nilly.
Sometimes just looking back in history will turn up a perfectly suitable deprecated word for an idea that just fell out of usage - try giving some of those a dust off before inventing new ones.
Keep calm, carry on, be excellent to each other, and - most importantly - take a moment to accept who you are and reflect on how you measure you self-worth, instead of just blindly accepting society's yammering that people need to be "beautiful", "rich" or "famous" to be happy.
Member for 1 year, 9 months
0 profile views
Last seen Dec 12 '19 at 9:13
- Worldbuilding 12.2k 12.2k 22 gold badges1919 silver badges5757 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 4.9k 4.9k 11 gold badge77 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 3.6k 3.6k 1111 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Puzzling 1.1k 1.1k 33 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 660 660 55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 156 What is the utilitarian purpose of artificial waterfalls?
- 103 Why can't my huge trees be chopped down?
- 86 Why didn't Voldemort know what Grindelwald looked like?
- 67 Why didn’t EVE recognize the little cockroach as a living organism?
- 58 Why is Rorschach's mask symmetrical?
- 50 Despite same materials, why crystal balls are used but not crystal wands?
- 45 Was Wayne Brady considered a guest star on "Whose Line Is It Anyway?"
- View more network posts →