I'm a researcher in satellite remote sensing at the Deutscher Wetterdienst in Offenbach, Hessen, Germany. I first came to Stack Exchange for practical reasons: Tex.SE has been of major help when I wrote my licentiate thesis. Since then, I have discovered the joy of many websites. As my network profile will show, I'm interested in travel, outdoor, scientific skepticism, and as my work is related to academia, also in academia and LaTeX.
Profile photo by Dobromila, CC By-SA, via Wikimedia Commons
- Travel 30.2k 30.2k 1010 gold badges101101 silver badges230230 bronze badges
- Academia 28k 28k 1111 gold badges108108 silver badges179179 bronze badges
- Politics 22.7k 22.7k 1111 gold badges9292 silver badges203203 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 16.2k 16.2k 99 gold badges6464 silver badges167167 bronze badges
- Skeptics 10.3k 10.3k 1212 gold badges6868 silver badges122122 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 229 Why do American colleges and universities have sports teams?
- 190 Why prohibit engine braking?
- 127 My car broke down in Siberia. What do I do now?
- 121 How hard do early-career academics in the United States work, really?
- 120 What options are left, if Britain cannot decide?
- 115 `staticmethod` and `abc.abstractmethod`: Will it blend?
- 113 Why so many people do a PhD even when chances of getting academic jobs on its completion are slim?
- View more network posts →